Join the Team
NECS is looking for dedicated workers who can positively affect the lives of families in the community. If enriching the youth is your mission, we are in need of having these positions filled:
For all listed positions:
NECS Benefits include: Tufts Medical, Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental, 401K, Life Insurance
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
NECS SOCIAL WORKER I
Position Overview: Maintain a clinically challenging caseload and provide clinical oversight to Youth Workers and Parent Aides. Also, provide oversight for our JDAI program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain 3 -5 clinically challenging DCF cases
- Oversee our JDAI program
- Consult with NECS Youth Life Coaches and Parent Aides on clinical issues surrounding their cases.
- Conduct strength and weakness assessments and suicide risk assessments
- Conduct clinical observations towards treatment plans
- Provide clinical interventions
Education and Experience:
A Masters Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling and two years of experience in youth and family services
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Counseling, or another area of human services required. Must have two years of experience in direct services and/or casework. Experience in – home visiting preferred, and the ability to demonstrate cultural competence with diverse populations necessary. Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, and data entry required. Must have current driver’s license, vehicle, and liability insurance and be available to work some evenings.
- Provide home visitation services to 7 to 10 families
- Teach positive parenting skills.
- Perform initial assessments to determine the strengths and needs of each family.
- Assist families in establishing, reviewing, and updating Family Goal Plans and accessing community resources to enhance family stability.
- At specified intervals, administer evaluation tools to collect data used to evaluate client progress and program effectiveness.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of NECS, including those specific to the Parent Aide Program and any applicable State or Federal statutes.
- Maintain professionalism in the provision of services.
- Maintain accurate and thorough client records that meet program guidelines.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and competence in work with families from various ethnic and cultural groups, socioeconomic levels, and lifestyles.
Competitive salary and benefits
Please send resume and cover letter to Suquilah.Stillwell@necservices.org